I am very pleased to announce that Embody 3D is having its first Australian Student ID Writing Competition. This is a unique competition that only requires a pen and your imagination to express your thoughts and ideas on a topic we are all passionate about, Industrial Design.
Let’s face it, some of us love to design, some of us love to sketch and make CAD models, but where’s the chance for us that just like to write? Here is your opportunity to shine and win some incredible prizes!
– Review – e.g. review of a CAD program or book
– Interview – e.g. interview with a classmate or design professional
– Tutorial – e.g. an advanced sketching technique
– Design critique – e.g. a critique on the design of a new lawn mower
– News item – something of current interest in design, maybe a design event or award
– Educational article – e.g. how design patents and copyright work
– A top list – e.g. the top 10 coolest chair designs
– Advice, tips and tricks
The idea is to make your article fun, entertaining and informative to a community of industrial designers in Australia and the rest of the world.
Where else do you get to express your thoughts on industrial design and get the chance to win prizes? No expensive models need to be constructed or glossy printing necessary, no painful times on CAD or the Adobe Suite, just good old writing and fun on the topic you love!
The best submissions will be published on the Embody 3D blog and will be exposed to our large and growing daily readership.
The competition is also a great chance to network and find designers with common interests around Australia. There is also the opportunity for job referrals and peer recognition which is the basis of the Embody 3D Industrial Design Community.
– $850 worth of Rapid Prototyping Gift Vouchers courtesy of 3D Prototyping
– Educational Copy of Solidworks courtesy of Solidworks
– Educational Copy of Maxwell Render courtesy of NextLimit
– A Stationary Pack courtesy of Blink Product Design
– A $50 gift card for Ponoko courtesy of Ponoko
– Graphics Tablet courtesy of Wacom
Please download the Competition Information Pack
To make a submission please go to www.embody3d.com/submit